Scope of Work
An office renovation designed by Monteyne Architecture Works Inc. for a 1970’s building on McDermot Avenue, the newly retrofitted office includes:
- New window systems
- New mechanical systems including HRV units
- LED lighting system
- Acoustical wood panelling
- Custom office design complete with modular furniture system
- Modern office layout with crush and break out spaces
- Gym and washroom facility as well as bike storage
Design / Construction Factors
The owner wished to expand the office as they had outgrown their current office space, a large historic home. Wishing to create efficient and modern workspaces for their employees while keeping aspects of their domestic environment with them. This new office applies research done on efficiency of office workspaces specifically with regards to independent and group work, giving employees the option of working in solidarity on specific tasks while design elements like roll out storage with bench seating, integrated white boards and informal crush areas allow collaboration to happen naturally.
The project was delivered with a cost plus arrangement for the stipulated scope of work.